Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Now that I have the Beds Up Insert fully assembled and have installed it on my queen-size bed, I am pretty satisfied with the product. It does what it's supposed to do.
It comes with 3 different height adjustments: 2, 4 and 6 inches. I chose the 4 inch adjustment. I slept on the bed for the first time last night with the Beds Up Insert installed, and to be honest, when I was lying in bed I couldn't detect that the bed was on an incline. That's because there is no curve or bend in the mattress. The device is placed under the box spring. It fits on top of/inside the regular bed frame -- using your original bed frame as its base. You lie flat on the bed, but the head of the bed is raised. So, it's really a great concept.
When you're standing by the side of the bed, however, it's quite obvious that the head of the bed is raised. Four inches doesn't sound like much, but believe me, it's significant when you're looking at the bed from the side. Be prepared that your bedspread/bedskirt will be lifted off the floor at the head of the bed. So, it's not the most attractive looking sight. But, if you're highly motivated to elevate the head of your bed, it's worth it. In my case, I've got a bad case of GERD, so I'm motivated. I've tried using blocks and bunching multiple pillows at the head of the bed. Those solutions aren't very satisfactory. This device is a much more logical method of dealing with the situation.
The construction of the materials provided is solid and just as durable as the original bed frame. I don't fear that it's going to collapse under our weight (although, on the other hand, I'm not going to tempt fate by doing jumping jacks on the bed, either!).
[...]
My major complaint about this product is the absolutely abysmal documentation that comes packed inside the box. There is a one-page set of instructions for assembling the device. In the shipping box that I received, it had been thrown inside the box along with all of the hardware, and by the time I pulled it out of the box, it was a crumpled, ripped mess. I did the best job I could to flatten it out and I used scotch tape to mend the rips, then I placed it in my flat-bed scanner and printed it out. So, I at least had a document I could read.
There are no meaningful step-by-step instructions for assembly provided by the manufacturer. There is one diagram of the assembled device, with some numbers pointing to a few strategic points on the diagram. There's no parts list. No labeling of parts. No close up diagrams of each step in the assembly process. It's just a mess of parts and you're left to your own instincts/skills to figure it out.
I'm not a novice when it comes to assembling furniture. I've bought a ton of these sorts of "assemble at home" kits over the years. I'm pretty handy and mechanically inclined. But, I've never seen anything like this before. When I first pulled everything out of the box and organized all of the pieces and fasteners, I was panicked for several minutes. I honestly had no idea what to do. The so-called instructions were almost worthless.
I managed to put the thing together by just using my mechanical ability and experience in assembling other kits. My wife is more spatially-gifted than I am, so I enlisted her help in getting the piles of hardware to resemble the finished-piece illustration provided by the manufacturer. I must say, however, that it shouldn't have been this difficult. Surely they could have found someone who could put together even some rudimentary step-by-step instructions. I would have even been happy with the mangled English instructions often found in Japanese/Chinese product documentation.
One other thing that really made me crazy is that there were so many pieces of hardware left over after I completed the assembly. I've never had that happen before. With other assemble-at-home kits, every piece of hardware is used. They give you the EXACT number of screws, bolts, clamps, etc. that you will need. No more, no less. It was quite disconcerting to end up with all sorts of screws and bolts that I never needed. What was that all about? I am sure, however, that I've got it all put together so it's structurally sound. Nonetheless, it's pretty strange to have multiple pieces of excess hardware left over.
When I finally got the device fully built and installed, I was really relieved. I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to pull it off.
As I said earlier, I'm satisfied with the finished product.
One other thing, be sure to shop around for the best price. There are large differences in price for this product on the web.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Beds Up Adjustable Elevating Insert
Where Bed Risers are great for elevating your bed to create storage space, they are not as practical for raising just the head portion of your bed should you require to sleep with your head raised. This is where Beds Up insert is ideal, it is specifically designed for safely lifting the head of your bed. Mattress slide is restricted by retainer clips and the height is adjustable. Millions of people of all ages suffer from GERD, Hiatal Hernia, Heart Burn, Acid Reflux, Asthma, Nocturnal Cough, Ulcers or Emphysema and can find welcomed night time relief while sleeping on the Beds Up insert. Designed in conjunction with doctor recommendations, the Beds Up insert safely and securely elevates the head end of your mattress and boxspring, approximately 2", 4", or 6"... giving you a more restful nights sleep. The Beds Up insert is easy to install and engineered to offer proper support for your mattress and boxspring. The insert is designed to fit into most headboard footboard beds or Hollywood frames without putting stress on rail or leg connections. The Beds Up Elevating insert also includes a center support leg for all double and queen beds as recommended by major bedding manufacturers. There is no need to use extra pillows, bricks, blocks or alternate lift systems... Give your bed a lift with the Beds Up insert and start sleeping better TODAY.
Click here for more information about Beds Up Adjustable Elevating Insert
1 comment:
I like how this insert takes a queen bed frame and makes it adjustable, but I think there are a lot of better options. When I was shopping around for a new bed, I found that 1-800-mattress was a great resource. Their site offers a wide range of bed frames, and they have a great deal of information on everything they offer. I particularly like their fast home delivery and set up, as well as the chance they give you to exchange a product if you aren’t happy with it. With their customer service, they are definitely worth checking out.
Post a Comment